[Fedora-packaging] Directory ownerships again

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 15:38:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 4:15 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Orcan Ogetbil wrote:

>>> What are the other criteria for 'improper' duplicate dir ownerships? Are
>>> there any other that I can drop into the script to make it easier/faster?
>>>

>> Many perl packages own same directories.
>
> They _must_ do so - And many other package should better do so, also.

I never said they shouldn't.

>> I don't know how easy will it
>> be to implement the "properness" of their duplicate dir ownerships.
>
> Proper ownership would mean: directories being provided by several packages,
> must all have identical permissions and ownerships.

So all packages that own same directories with identical permissions
and ownerships are doing it right? Of course not!

The question is: Some perl packages rightfully own some directories
that are also rightfully owned by some other perl package. But it is
possible that there are packaging mistakes in certain cases.
How would you distinguish those perl packages that have a mistake? And
how would you implement this in the duplicate-directory-ownership
script to filter out the false alarms?

Orcan