[Fedora-packaging] Directory ownerships again

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 25 18:11:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009, Tom \"spot\" Callaway wrote:

> On 06/14/2009 05:50 AM, Panu Matilainen wrote:
>
>> The "couple of packages disagreeing" cases need to be looked at
>> case-by-case, but I think for the translations and such a clearer policy
>> would be good. Having the filesystem package and nothing else own most
>> of them seems fairly obvious but what should be done when a package
>> introduces a new translation that filesystem doesn't yet have? Require
>> filesystem to be updated every time (dunno how often this happens in
>> reality) or ...?
>
> We really should fix this. It should be fairly straightforward to go
> through and generate a list of these improper multiple dir ownerships
> (not all multiple dir ownerships are improper) and clean them up.

1. script to dump out duplicate dirs in rawhide:
     http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/dupedirscheck.py
    It only sorts on package name so duplicate dirs owned by pkgs in
    multiple arches won't show up.

2. output of the above for i686:
    http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/duplicate_owned_dirs-i686.txt

3. output of the above for x86_64: