[Fedora-packaging] Directory ownerships again

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 05:22:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:31 AM, Seth Vidal wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Jun 2009, Tom \"spot\" Callaway wrote:
>

>> Alright. I'm putting this on the top of my todo list, which means I'll
>> probably get to it sometime in the next week or two. I'm putting my
>> janitor hat on and just fixing it for people (I will announce that I am
>> doing it before hand).
>>

> What are the other criteria for 'improper' duplicate dir ownerships? Are
> there any other that I can drop into the script to make it easier/faster?

Many perl packages own same directories. I don't know how easy will it
be to implement the "properness" of their duplicate dir ownerships.
See:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Perl#Directory_Ownership

There are also corner cases. For instance /usr/lib/dssi/ is owned by
both dssi and dssi-vst-wine. The reason is dssi-vst-wine is built on
i586 only and puts its files in /usr/lib/dssi/dssi-vst/
But dssi-vst-wine is in the multilib whitelist and hence is also
available in the x86_64 repo. There is nothing else in the x86_64 repo
that would own /usr/lib/dssi/ because dssi itself does not need to be
multilibbed. So dssi-vst-wine is owning it.

I know the above example is confusing but it shows that one must be
*very careful* when "fixing" the multiple ownerships.

Orcan