Re: [Fedora-packaging] Packaging guidelines for rubygems

On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 17:41 +0100, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> I find patching rubygems (for CVEs) a pain in the ass because of the
> packaging guideline requirement to have the rubygem package's Source0 be
> the actual gem.
>
> I'd much rather work from tarballs.

I think the real culprit is that nothing is done until %install in basic
rubygem packages.

Maybe we should move to a scheme where we 'install' the rubygem into the
source dir during %prep, and then copy files from there to
%{buildroot}%{gemdir} during %install.

David