[Fedora-packaging] Re: Update request for /wiki/Packaging:UnownedDirectories

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 16:58:01 UTC 2009

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 22:24:19 +0100, Michael wrote:
>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:UnownedDirectories
>>
>> needs an update (it's read-only).
>>
>> The section about "Inaccessible Directories" applies only to RPM < 4.4.2.3
>> according to information on fedora-devel-list, and that means Fedora < 9
>> if the information is correct. At least since Fedora 10, RPM sets a sane
>> default umask, so unowned directories are created with mode 0755.
>
> So, what is the proper procedure for getting somebody to update
> this protected page in the Wiki? :-/

Since this is a clarification because of technical changes, I can just
change it.  But I'm a bit short on time so I'm not able to do the
research to make sure what I write is accurate.

Could you send the text as you would want to see it updated and I'll
apply it?  These are the things I'd want:

* We probably shouldn't take this out altogether for a long time because
the Guidelines are used by EPEL as well.
* Should mention the version fixed in so status can be updated as needed.
* Should mention the version of Fedora where the recent enough rpm first
appeared in the General Availability release so we can eventually say
"Not a problem in Fedora"

Thanks,
-Toshio