[Fedora-packaging] Re: [Distutils] SOLVED: bdist_rpm and pre-release python packages / eggs (was: pre-release versioning problems with sdist, bdist_rpm, bdist_debian)

On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 21:52 -0400, Gerry Reno wrote:
> Manuel,
>   Additionally, from a Python Distutils perspective, Distutils should
> not be enforcing one distro's policy.  There are RPM-based distro's that
> DO NOT follow fedora's packaging policy.

Actually, Fedora people have been approached by other distros because
they want to adopt most or all of the policies due to its
comprehensiveness. But you didn't hear this from me.