Re: [Fedora-packaging] Checking distro release from spec file

Ray Van Dolson wrote:
I'm trying to write a "distro agnostic" spec file that will apply two
patches:

  - Patch 1 if and only if we're building for EL5 or EL4
  - Patch 2 if and only if we're building for EL4

I know I can check for EL with the presence of the %{fedora} macro,

%{fedora} macro is the *fedora* release, for EL, the corresponding macro is %{rhel}.

In your case. you could use something like:

%if 0%{?rhel} >= 4
%patch1 ...
%endif

%if 0%{?rhel} >= 5