[Fedora-packaging] Checking distro release from spec file

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Tue Mar 17 04:29:59 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 08:04:52PM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Ray Van Dolson wrote:

>>> %{fedora} macro is the *fedora* release, for EL, the corresponding
>>> macro  is %{rhel}.
>>>
>>> In your case. you could use something like:
>>>
>>> %if 0%{?rhel} >= 4
>>> %patch1 ...
>>> %endif
>>>
>>> %if 0%{?rhel} >= 5
>>> %patch2 ...
>>> %endif
>>
>> Slick.  Thanks Rex.
>
> Here's more gory details:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/DistTag
> (sorry, should've included the link last time).

Hmm, it doesn't seem like %{rhel}, %{rhl}, %{el#} are set on CentOS.  I
tried adding an echo <var> to my .spec file for each and they all show
up empty.

Actually, just tried on a real RHEL5 box and

  echo %{?rhel}

Is empty as well.  And, when I set up an if block using this:

  %if 0%{?rhel} == 4
  stuff
  %endif

"stuff" never is executed.