Re: [Fedora-packaging] Directory ownership guidelines

Mattias Ellert wrote:

It was suggested to me to bring this issue to this list.

The packaging guidelines says that a package should not own a directory
that is owned by a package on which it depends.

The packaging guidelines also says that packages should own all
directories needed in order not to leave orphaned directories after a
package de-installation.

The way rpm/yum currently works these guidelines are contradicting and
you must choose which one to implement in your packaging.

My question is - is this a bug in yum/rpm, or a flaw in the packaging
guidelines?

bug.

-- Rex