[Fedora-packaging] Perl Question

Conner Finlay cfinlay at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 15:58:46 UTC 2009

Hello list,

I have searched Google high and low, but I have not found an answer. I have
a spec file that requires some perl modules, ie Net::IP, XML::Simple, etc.
For all but one there is an RPM available for it. In the SPEC file I have
them as Requires: perl(Net::IP) and the spec file builds fine(rpmbuild -ba
-v) but when I go to install the RPM it complains about the missing perl
modules. If I do a `yum install perl-xyz` and rebuild the SPEC file, it will
not complain about the missing perl modules. How can I have the SPEC file
download/install the perl modules/packages? If it is easier, I can also post
the SPEC file itself.

Thanks,
Conner

--