[Fedora-packaging] [Draft] The use of alternatives

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Mon May 25 15:55:40 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 10:51:33PM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> The UsingAlternatives draft[1] should now be ready for voting at the next
> meeting. I've just made some finishing touches. I'd like to include
> it in the agenda for the next FPC meeting.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/UsingAlternatives

I was considering %ghosting the files provided by alternatives in my
packages (postfix and sendmail), but I'm not sure how to do the
migration without breaking upgrades/removals.

When only one installed package from the alternatives group uses
%ghost, removing the package will remove also the symlinks. Is there a
command that could be used in postun to restore the symlinks and not
change auto/manual mode?

Thanks,

--
Miroslav Lichvar