[Fedora-packaging] Pre-review Gudelines

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sat May 9 06:14:41 UTC 2009

JK> I'm told that in this case, the problem is getting packaging
JK> people to fix up the packaging issues with the software, not the
JK> reviewer side.

And I suppose the problem is that they can't build the packages down
in the chain because they have no private builder instance, so they
need to use the actual distro buildsys with their stack already tagged
into it.

That seems, well, sort of an abuse of the system.  I guess there's not
much else to do if there's no free developer time to cobble together
another solution, but can folks honestly say that this is really the
way that we'd like things to work?  And if not, then do we really want
to go through the whole process of cooking up guidelines for it?

It seems to me that ideally there'd either be some other koji instance
or some way to get the main buildsys to associate a tag with an
external repository so that they could build up their stack with their
own packages without actually having to get those packages into the
main collection.  Actually, that would be really useful in general.

 - J<