[Fedora-packaging] Removing file from .spec

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 5 20:33:03 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 05.11.2009, 07:55 +0100 schrieb Thomas Janssen:
> 2009/11/5 Tareq Al Jurf <taljurf at fedoraproject.org>:
> > I have a spec file for a program that i'm packaging
> > i was told to remove the INSTALL document from %files
> >
> > when i do that i get
> >
> >> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
> >>    /usr/share/doc/invulgotracker/

If you remove the file from the %files section, then you also need to
remove it from the installed files in $RPM_BUILD_ROOT. You can do this
with a simple

rm $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_docdir}/invulgotracker/INSTALL

BTW: The docs should be versioned (invulgotracker-0.53), but you already
do this in the spec that is linked in your review. The rest is explained
in the private mails I just sent you before seeing this one.

> Normal documentation is in %doc of your spec. Not in %files. So add it
> to the %doc line or rm the file in %prep. Depends on what's in this
> INSTALL file.

It's just the generic install notes we usually don't ship.

Regards,
Christoph