[Fedora-packaging] Duplicate files

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Nov 10 15:44:07 UTC 2009

TC> * For binary RPMs, the complete set of license files (as provided by
TC> upstream) must be included in the %doc section of either the main
TC> binary rpm or a common RPM that the other binary sub-packages depend
TC> on. Independent sub-packages are required to include their own copy
TC> of the relevant license texts (as provided by upstream).

Seems fine to me as long as we otherwise stick to our prohibition on
file duplication.  Do we need to somehow define "license files"?  If
documentation specifies "this is GPL", does that make it a license file?
Does the presence of a COPYING file change the answer?  (I know, it's a
relatively pointless question, but I know with certainty that it won't
be too long before it is asked in a package review.)

 - J<