[Fedora-packaging] Re: How to patch against strip?

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 13:45:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Tareq Al Jurf
<taljurf at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Richard, I think he's just asking for help about where to look for
>> avoid stripping his binaries _before_ RPM strips them and creates the
>> debuginfo stuff.
>>
>> He's probably getting empty debuginfo packages at the moment and wants
>> to fix the build.
>>
>> Tareq, is this the situation you're in?
>
> Omg!!
> That's that's exactly my problem :)

I think the fix depend from the build system used by your package.
If you can point us to a koji scratch build, or to the SRPM you are
creating, I'm sure you could get some good suggestions.

Please also consider asking in fedora-devel, where questions like this
are more on-topic (this list is for discussions about the packaging
guidelines)

Cheers

G.

--