[Fedora-packaging] Python 3 compatibility update to Python guidelines

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Nov 3 06:55:24 UTC 2009

On Saturday 31 October 2009, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> Any reason not to do it this way?
>
> %{!?python_sitelib: %global python_sitelib %(%{__python} -c "from.
> distutils.sysconfig import *; print (get_python_lib())")}
>
> %{!?python_sitearch: %global python_sitearch %(%{__python} -c "from.
> distutils.sysconfig import *; print(get_python_lib(1))")}

Assuming the "." after "from" is unintentional in both and that there should
be a space after "print" and before "(" in the latter, that seems to work too.
It does look a bit hackish to me though.

> Also, dmalcolm, could we get these macros into the python and python3 (when
> revewied) package so we don't have to add them as boilerplate to every
> package?

That would be good, but until they're in at least the latest EL as well, I
intend to keep them also in the rpmdevtools spec template.