[Fedora-packaging] Duplicate files

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Nov 16 17:44:47 UTC 2009

> We should run a program that dedupes files in /usr/share/doc,
> automaticallyq replacing identical files with hard links[0].  There
> are a number of these sorts of programs, "fdupes" being one that we
> have in Fedora.

Really, RPM should do this as part of the transaction. If the file
marked as %license in the package matches an identical file in
%licensedir, hard link. If not, install.

I've been meaning to open a ticket with RPM upstream for this for... oh,
about forever. :) I'll bump it to the top of my todo pile.

~spot