[Fedora-packaging] code vs. content

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Nov 20 19:02:05 UTC 2009

>>>>> "RWMJ" == Richard W M Jones <rjones at redhat.com> writes:

RWMJ> So I feel unfortunately this is a bad case.

Except that it's actually a spectacularly good case, because it
perfectly illustrates the problem.  Someone thinks this is a good
package and wants it in Fedora.  (Either that or they're actively
trolling us to see what crap they can push through the review process.)
It doesn't violate any guidelines.  You happen to not like the content.
Does that means the package stays out?  I don't personally want to be
the quality czar, but I also don't want to see people pushing their
vacation photos into Fedora.

Isn't there already a screensaver that will work from a directory of
pictures?  Isn't that good enough to cover all of these cases without us
actually having to carry a bunch of pictures?

 - J<