[Fedora-packaging] code vs. content

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 22:38:41 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 08:24:22PM +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le vendredi 20 novembre 2009 à 13:02 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III a
> écrit :
> > You happen to not like the content.
> > Does that means the package stays out?  I don't personally want to be
> > the quality czar, but I also don't want to see people pushing their
> > vacation photos into Fedora.
>
> I don't see why such decisions could not be pushed to the art team.
> They're responsible for the artistic decisions in Fedora.

Well... banning certain packages is a FESCo decision.  they are welcome to
delegate, though :-)

I'd rather have a FESCo decision on what content is acceptable from FESCo,
though.  The art team can evaluate the quality of the art but that's not
really waht we're after -- we want to know to what extent content is
acceptable.  Is it a free for all?  Is it a must be releavant to computers?
Is it relevant to computers or chosen by the art team?

-Toshio