[Fedora-packaging] Fedora Packaging Committee Meeting - Dec 2, 2009 - 1600 UTC

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Nov 24 17:20:59 UTC 2009

On 11/24/2009 12:11 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> I am not aware about any technical reason for disallowing underscores.

I'm not aware of any technical reason either. It is a personal
preference, I think it makes the packages have a cleaner naming scheme.

Accordingly, I have never pushed for it to be a requirement that _ not
be used when upstream uses it in its naming, but if the PHP SIG asked
for us to amend the PHP naming guidelines to exclude it, I would
consider it.

~spot