[Fedora-packaging] Ocaml sub-package issue

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Oct 6 15:07:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 12:43:13PM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Oct 2009, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Oct 04, 2009 at 11:03:33AM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
>>> I seem to recall commenting on this earlier (like at least a year ago :)
>>> but just as well I might've just intended to comment... anyway.
>>> I would've pulled it to RPM upstream ages ago if it didn't have Fedora
>>> packaging specifics bolted in:
>>>
>>> if [ -n "$emit_compiler_version" ]; then
>>>     # Every OCaml program depends on the version of the
>>>     # runtime which was used to compile it.
>>>     echo "ocaml(runtime) = `cat /usr/lib*/ocaml/fedora-ocaml-release`"
>>> fi
>>>
>>> I suppose there's a reason why this is not generated with "ocaml
>>> -version" or "ocamlrun -version" as needed?
>>
>> Yes, I can't remember why we did that either :-(
>>
>> I've changed it in the OCaml package in Fedora 13, we should give it a
>> few more months to see if anything breaks.
>>
>> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/devel/ocaml/ocaml-find-requires.sh?r1=1.4&r2=1.5
>
> Okay... added upstream now and integrated with the internal dependency
> generator too so you dont need to fiddle with that in specfile, plus
> the external dependency generator misses some fairly important
> dependency bits.
>
> http://rpm.org/gitweb?p=rpm.git;a=commitdiff;h=82e7dd702013d3679fda438333de30afdec17a4f
> http://rpm.org/gitweb?p=rpm.git;a=commitdiff;h=15fb8ccb41ce4cc02c78508b936fb74f7165683c

Just a question about this: If we need to pass extra options to the
dependency scripts (as in the example specfile below), can we still do
that?

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/devel/ocaml-pxp/ocaml-pxp.spec?revision=1.11&view=markup

Rich.

bindings from many languages.  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/