[Fedora-packaging] Small change to Beware of RPath

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Wed Oct 7 06:55:51 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 7:37 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
> fabiand on IRC let me know that there's a minor change that could be
> made to the Beware of RPath section of the Guidelines to make things
> easier for packagers:
>
> [10:23:07] <fabiand> regarding an wiki page i can not edit:
> packaging:guidelines#beware_of_rpath
> [10:23:57] <fabiand> it should be recommended to use %{_arch} not using
> 32 or 64 as a suffix for files in /etc/ld.so.conf, because it is easy to
> use %{a_arch} but not easy to get 64 or 32
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Beware_of_Rpath

Just read the above link, can someone explain "we do not permit the
use of rpath in Fedora" in the context of libperl.so?

I had been using 'chrpath --delete' for my package (pacemaker) but was
forced to drop it because the binaries couldn't find the perl shared
lib.
If Perl has some sort of exception then ideally it should be mentioned
on that page.

-- Andrew