[Fedora-packaging] updated F12 dependent packages

Jussi Lehtola jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org
Sat Oct 24 23:17:01 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-24 at 16:02 -0700, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I've got two packages in F12, libtelnet and clc, where clc is dependent
> on a specific version of libtelnet.  I pushed libtelnet 0.12 into
> F12-updates-testing, but I cannot get clc in.  The new version of clc
> has a hard dependency on libtelnet 0.12, but the repo for F12 hasn't
> rebuilt.  According to Koji, it can't rebuild the repo because now clc
> won't build due to the old version only building against 0.11.
>
> How the hell am I supposed to push the update clc and fix the repo building?

You need to file a request for a buildroot override for libtelnet in
F-12 at
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/

Once libtelnet 0.12 has been tagged in the buildroot, you can build the
new version of clc, and then push them both as updates at once (or ask
them to be tagged in the final release of F-12).
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor
jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org