[Fedora-packaging] Ocaml sub-package issue

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Tue Oct 6 09:43:13 UTC 2009

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 04, 2009 at 11:03:33AM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
>> I seem to recall commenting on this earlier (like at least a year ago :)
>> but just as well I might've just intended to comment... anyway.
>> I would've pulled it to RPM upstream ages ago if it didn't have Fedora
>> packaging specifics bolted in:
>>
>> if [ -n "$emit_compiler_version" ]; then
>>     # Every OCaml program depends on the version of the
>>     # runtime which was used to compile it.
>>     echo "ocaml(runtime) = `cat /usr/lib*/ocaml/fedora-ocaml-release`"
>> fi
>>
>> I suppose there's a reason why this is not generated with "ocaml
>> -version" or "ocamlrun -version" as needed?
>
> Yes, I can't remember why we did that either :-(
>
> I've changed it in the OCaml package in Fedora 13, we should give it a
> few more months to see if anything breaks.
>
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/devel/ocaml/ocaml-find-requires.sh?r1=1.4&r2=1.5

Okay... added upstream now and integrated with the internal dependency
generator too so you dont need to fiddle with that in specfile, plus
the external dependency generator misses some fairly important
dependency bits.

http://rpm.org/gitweb?p=rpm.git;a=commitdiff;h=82e7dd702013d3679fda438333de30afdec17a4f
http://rpm.org/gitweb?p=rpm.git;a=commitdiff;h=15fb8ccb41ce4cc02c78508b936fb74f7165683c

 	- Panu -