[Fedora-packaging] Ocaml sub-package issue

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Tue Oct 6 17:45:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 12:43:13PM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:

>>> Yes, I can't remember why we did that either :-(
>>>
>>> I've changed it in the OCaml package in Fedora 13, we should give it a
>>> few more months to see if anything breaks.
>>>
>>> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/devel/ocaml/ocaml-find-requires.sh?r1=1.4&r2=1.5
>>
>> Okay... added upstream now and integrated with the internal dependency
>> generator too so you dont need to fiddle with that in specfile, plus
>> the external dependency generator misses some fairly important
>> dependency bits.
>>
>> http://rpm.org/gitweb?p=rpm.git;a=commitdiff;h=82e7dd702013d3679fda438333de30afdec17a4f
>> http://rpm.org/gitweb?p=rpm.git;a=commitdiff;h=15fb8ccb41ce4cc02c78508b936fb74f7165683c
>
> Just a question about this: If we need to pass extra options to the
> dependency scripts (as in the example specfile below), can we still do
> that?

For now, you can override the macros much like before, the only
difference being the macro to override: instead of %__find_requires and
%__find_provides, you'd now override %__ocaml_requires and
%__ocaml_provides.

Another, perhaps nicer option would be adding per-script optional
option-macros for these, something like:

%__ocaml_provides %{_rpmconfigdir}/ocaml-find-provides.sh %{?ocaml_find_provides_opts}

So in spec you'd just have to set the provides/requires options if
necessary, instead of redefining the entire thing. Similar mechanism could
be useful for other similar dep extractors too.

 	- Panu -