[Fedora-packaging] Unsponsored Comaintainer?

Rich Mattes richmattes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 02:58:12 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm new the packaging thing.  I've been reading through all the rules
and guidelines, and preparing some new packages to submit.  I was
wondering if it's possible to become a co-maintainer on an existing
package if you're still unsponsored.  I've spoken to the current owner
of the package and he's more than happy to have me help out, but I don't
know if I have to submit my own package for review and become sponsored
first.

Thanks,

Rich Mattes