[Fedora-packaging] Is md5sum compulsion in review instead sha1sum?

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Wed Oct 14 13:06:10 UTC 2009

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 10/14/2009 09:55 AM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>>

>> Le Mer 14 octobre 2009 05:47, Chris Weyl a écrit :

>>> Um. An easily reproducible, cryptographically strong checksum? :)
>>
>> This is one test I never do, nothing will stop the packager from
>> changing the
>> packaged archive as soon as the review is finished,
> ACK.
>
>> so the whole thing is a
>> major waste of time for everyone involved IMHO
> Agreed.
Sort of. I think of it as CYA for the reviewer. If something bad slips
in, at least it's documented that it was good when I checked it, and the
responsibility then falls on the packager.

>> (as is posting specs in
>> addition to SRPMs BTW.
> Not agreed. Many packaging issues can be easily be found in specs,
> without downloading with the actual *.src.rpm.
True. I always wget both, install the SRPM and diff the specs, and ask
about any differences if the packager goofed. Though I certainly see
your point, especially for extremely large pacakges, like games with
huge globs of data (i.e. wesnoth), etc.