[Fedora-packaging] Using Debian packaging bits in Fedora packages

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 14:21:23 UTC 2009

I was just wondering -- is there a policy on using bits of Debian
packages in Fedora packages? As a concrete example, if Debian has
already packaged a Java library and has written a build.xml file
(essentially, a Makefile) for building it, am I allowed to include
that file in my package? Should I apply the whole Debian patch
(complete with upstream URL) and then copy the build.xml to where it
needs to be, or can I just grab the build.xml file itself and include
it as a source?

Thanks for any suggestions,

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~mef3/
Interaction Lab -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/InteractionLab

Heriot-Watt University is a Scottish charity registered under charity
number SC000278