[Fedora-packaging] updated F12 dependent packages

Sean Middleditch sean at middleditch.us
Sat Oct 24 23:31:50 UTC 2009

On 10/24/2009 04:17 PM, Jussi Lehtola wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-10-24 at 16:02 -0700, Sean Middleditch wrote:
>> How the hell am I supposed to push the update clc and fix the repo building?
>
> You need to file a request for a buildroot override for libtelnet in
> F-12 at
> https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/
>
> Once libtelnet 0.12 has been tagged in the buildroot, you can build the
> new version of clc, and then push them both as updates at once (or ask
> them to be tagged in the final release of F-12).

Alright, I made the ticket.  Thanks, Jussi!

I recall having seen something about that before in the Wiki, but it's
not explained at all in the Package Update Page at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_HOWTO that I see.  I've run
into a LOT of missing, inaccurate, or just impossible to find
documentation regarding packaging in the Wiki, and given that I'm one of
the people who lacks the information, I'm not exactly in the position to
add and reorganize the information there.

Maybe there should be a Wiki Cleanup Day or something to sort out all
the old cruft, properly organize the rules and policies, and make those
new package and update guides clean, readable, complete, and awesome.