[Fedora-packaging] Processing Review Requests

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 16:19:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. If there is a comprehensive contact list of Fedora Packagers who
> are allowed to sponsor packages? Is the list available somewhere that
> new joinees can use, and contact Fedora packagers? or is it always
> that whenever a Sponsor looks into FE-NEEDSPONSOR review requests in
> bugzilla, the package is reviewed?

Any member of the packager group may review a package for an existing
packager.  They also may (and are encouraged to) do informal reviews
of packages from non-sponsored packagers.

The list of existing sponsors may be found at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/group/members/packager/*/sponsor

> 2. Is there a queue of review requests that is maintained, say, for
> example a review-request that has not been reviewed for a month,
> should be given first priority or is there any criteria as such? or is
> it left to the Packagers?

Besides the normal bugzilla search? I don't think there's such a
queue.  There's a report that comes out every so often on package
review stats, but no queue as such.

> 3. If there is a SIG, and exists a group of Packagers who can sponsor
> a package within the SIG, how do they coordinate as to which packages
> need to be reviewed first, or in what order?

They do this within their own control - maybe on their mailing list,
maybe on a wiki page, etc.  There is no "one way" that a SIG has to
operate.