[Fedora-packaging] Explicit "Requires" should (usually) be arch-specific

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Wed Sep 16 02:39:14 UTC 2009

Jon Masters <jcm at redhat.com> writes:
>> Surely this is a bug, not something that every single specfile must
>> work around.

> Well, if it's a bug then the entire multilib approach is a bug ;)

I think that's widely agreed ;-).  Multilib is a crock that is meant
to sort of work for some common cases.  The cases that Braden seems
to be worried about, like version skew between different installed
arches of the same package, are not something multilib was ever
expected to be able to handle gracefully.

			regards, tom lane