Well here we are

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 06:41:42 UTC 2005

Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 15:36 +1000, Rob Kearey wrote:
>

>>CPAN+ can build debian packages with CPANPLUS::Dist. Would it be
>>worthwhile creating an RPM target?
>

> Would it offer something that cpan2rpm or RPM-Specfile already don't?

Chip has expressed that he wants to fix cpanflute2 (shipped in Core) to
do exactly what we want.  Let's get him on this list.  Hey Chip this is
the Fedora Project perl team's devel list.  I aim to keep list traffic
here low noise through strict moderation and zero tolerance for bullshit.

While cpanflute2 writing specs closer to the Fedora Project perl spec
template would help us, it will never be a fully automated process.
Each package needs to be analyzed to disable part or whole of "make
test" because it is inappropriate to run network tests in the build
system.  Other packages need to be told the location of other non-perl
software and stuff.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com