Overriding core Perl modules

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed May 4 23:57:35 UTC 2005

--On Monday, May 02, 2005 4:48 AM -0400 Chip Turner <cturner at pattern.net>
wrote:

> RPM-Specfile-1.19 is being uploaded to CPAN tonight.  It contains this
> change (--use-usr-local, horrible name, alas) as well as the code to
> detect the name of the top level tarball.

Just got to try this to update MIME-Base64 to 3.05 on FC2. The magic
command looks like this:

cpanflute2 --buildall --use-usr-local --installdirs=site
MIME-Base64-3.05.tar.gz

I installed the result and then built MIME-tools-5.417 and didn't get its
warning about an old MIME-Base64, so it seems to work so far.