mod_perl 2.0.0 RC6 is out (and CGI.pm 3.10)

Jose Pedro Oliveira jpo at di.uminho.pt
Sat May 14 15:26:16 UTC 2005

> José Pedro Oliveira wrote:
>> mod_perl 2.0.0 RC6 (aka 1.999_23) is out!
>> The update appears to be peaceful.
>>
>> Changelog
>> http://search.cpan.org/~stas/mod_perl-2.0.0-RC6/Changes
>>
>> Diff
>> http://search.cpan.org/diff?from=mod_perl-2.0.0-RC5&to=mod_perl-2.0.0-RC6
>>
>> jpo
>
> Make a SRPM and prove that the deps between the current FC4 and this
> version didn't change.  Then try to convince Sopwith that we should
> upgrade the version.  Given the size of the diff I am guessing he would
> say no.

Will open a ticket with the specfile update in a couple.

> Has anyone actually *tested* the current mod_perl in FC4?  It would be a
> good reason to upgrade it if the current version is totally broken.
> Otherwise we should respect the version freeze and focus on the
> FC4Blocker list now.

Even more important more important appears to the CGI.pm update,
in particular the change from 3.09 to 3.10 (released a couple of
hours ago.

Can we push this update to with a new perl patch?

Diff 3.08 -> 3.10
http://search.cpan.org/diff?from=CGI.pm-3.08&to=CGI.pm-3.10

Diff 3.09 -> 3.10
http://search.cpan.org/diff?from=CGI.pm-3.09&to=CGI.pm-3.10

(more information in the mod_perl mailing list)

jpo
--
José Pedro Oliveira
* mailto: jpo at di.uminho.pt * http://gsd.di.uminho.pt/~jpo *