Overriding core Perl modules

Chip Turner cturner at pattern.net
Mon May 2 08:49:53 UTC 2005

Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta at iki.fi> writes:

>> But hey, I could change cpanflute2 to at least offer a
>> --local-manpages option un the meantime, til perl is fixed, that would
>> move whatever was in /usr/man to /usr/local/man; would that suffice?
>
> Hm, is there a "/share" missing before "/man" in both paths above?

Yeah, my bad.  What it does now (when --use-usr-local is specified) is
this:

  for dir in bin share/doc share/man; do
    if [ -d $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/$dir ]; then
      mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/local/$dir
      mv $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/$dir/* $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/local/$dir/
      rm -Rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/$dir
    fi
  done

So /usr/bin, /usr/share/doc, and /usr/share/man are all migrated over
to /usr/local (though share/doc shouldn't be there... you never know)

Chip

Chip Turner                   cturner at pattern.net