perl-File-BOM update

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Nov 5 22:21:26 UTC 2005

I maintain this package in Extras.
I am not going to abandon it, but it is the only perl package I
maintain. If someone else who does a lot of perl wants to maintain it -
feel free to take it.

-=-
That being said - I'm in the process of updating it to 0.11 (current in
Extras is 0.9)

1)
I'm inclined to only update it for devel branch because the changes file
speaks of a change in behavior for open_bom. I haven't verified that it
would impact anything if it was updated for FC3/FC4.

2) The build complains that Readonly is not available. This is a new
requirement (0.9 does not need it).

Would someone like to package that for Extras?
A grep of the Extras owners.list did not turn up a maintainer.

I will do it if necessary, but my preference would be for someone else
to do it. I would definitely be willing to review the package.

My apologies if it is already in core devel branch - I can't boot into
rawhide until later tonight.

Thanks,
Michael