Question.

Pankaj Bhatia pankaj.rwth at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 14:59:13 UTC 2005

Hi,
I am a beginner perl developer.
I am writing a script for pasing all files in a directory with perticular
suffix.
I use File::Find but I want to avoid searching in subdirectories. I tried to
use File::Find::prune in "wanted" function. bit it did not work. So I use a
heck
return unless ($File::Find::topdir eq $File::Find::dir); to avoid processing
in sub directories. but this is an inefficient way. I want to limit search
only to first directory level.
Please let me know the efficient way to do it. and any comments/modification
on the code would also be appriciated.
Regards
Pankaj

sub wanted {
    ## dir tree Depth = 1
    return unless ($File::Find::topdir eq $File::Find::dir);
    $fileext= ".cgd";
    if ($_ =~ /$fileext$/) { # $_ contain file base name.
                             # $ sign at end of pattern looks for
                             # .lisa suffix

       $files[$Count] = "$File::Find::name";
       $Count++;