replacing files owned by another package

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Apr 19 12:21:33 UTC 2006

Once upon a time, Tom 'spot' Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> said:
> Ehhh... right now there is no way (at least, none that I can think of)
> to update to newer versions of modules included in the base perl
> package, other than to get them updated in the base perl package.

site_perl and vendor_perl are searched before the base perl install
directory, so installing modules there should override modules included
with perl (you don't need to replace files).

However, I don't know how rpm would handle two different RPMs providing
the same 'perl(SomeModule)'.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>