perl-DateManip and timezones

Robin Norwood rnorwood at redhat.com
Thu Dec 7 17:54:28 UTC 2006

Hi,

perl-DateManip doesn't use tzdata.  This causes bugs like this:

http://bugzilla.redhat.com/214709

Which of course will never be 'fixed' by one-off fixes.

I've exchanged emails with the maintainer, Sullivan Beck, and while he
plans for the next version of Date::Manip to use tzdata, and would like
to get to it sometime, he doesn't know when that will be.  Personally,
while I'd like to work on it, I don't know if I will have the time any
time soon, either.

So - if anyone has spare time (ha!), this might be a good project to
look into.  I suspect Sullivan would be amenable to accepting patches,
though you'll want to check with him first, of course.

-RN

--
Robin Norwood
Red Hat, Inc.