mark pod files as %doc?

Chris Grau chris at chrisgrau.com
Wed Aug 8 15:56:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 11:25:33AM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> There are some .pod files below /usr/lib/perl5/. I guess they
> correspond with pod documentation that is not associated with some
> code. Should they be marked as %doc? If so maybe this could be done
> automatically?

Which means they'd be installed under /usr/share/doc/%{name}-%{version},
right?  The usual reason those .pod files exist is so they can be viewed
using perldoc, which searches @INC for .pm and .pod files.

That said, I don't know.  I've seen some that have no reason to be
installed and others that do.  It wouldn't be a huge burden to use
perldoc to view a .pod file in the /usr/share/doc area instead.  The
user would just have to know to look there.

--
Chris Grau