updating dependent packages not in rawhide?

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Sun Dec 16 01:32:57 UTC 2007

Soooo....  Lo and behold, Class::MOP 0.49 is out with significant
speedups.  Moose is also out with 0.33.  Unfortunately, the new
Class::MOP breaks Moose < 0.33, and Moose 0.33 breaks on Class::MOP <
0.49.  The XS speedups in Class::MOP are on the order of 45% in terms
of class load time for Moose.

This gives rise to a question of how to build new versions of 2 (or
more) packages that are mutually dependent on each other?
Unfortunately this isn't just a matter of building and then tagging
both builds in bodhi.  My understanding is that new builds will not
build against testing (and I wouldn't want to break Moose in testing
in any case).   I poked around in the wiki but if the answer is in
there, it successfully kept itself from me.

                                            -Chris
--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia