Archive::Zip - 'unauthorized' release.

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon Jun 4 19:34:37 UTC 2007

RN> Is there a general policy for this sort of situation, and if not,
RN> should there be?

I'm not sure we could make one.  When upstream forks (or pseudo-forks
as seems to have happened here), we're going to have to figure out
what to do on a case-by-case basis.

RN> Should something be added to the perl packaging guidelines,

I don't see that any of the basic issues are perl-specific.

RN> and what do you think we should do in this instance, other than
RN> wait for a response from Adam?

Well, I think we should always try to stay well-informed as to the
state of the upstream developers and in good communication with them.
It never hurts to ask them what's up and get their opinions on what we
should be doing with their packages.

 - J<