Test::Pod::Coverage tests...

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue May 8 06:34:52 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 18:04 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> RC> You don't want to know about the bugs and deficits your packages
> RC> suffer from?
>
> Well, to play devil's advocate, if we're to consider lack of
> documentation coverage a bug and block inclusion of packages due to
> those bugs, then we shouldn't even have a kernel.
This is not about "lack of docs", but about packages failing their their
own testsuites, because packages ship with broken testsuites.

A "reasonable" upstream being conscious about their weaknesses/deficits
("known bugs") would change their testsuite to "degrade
gracefully" (e.g. to complain only).

> Of course we should run test suites, and we should of course block
> packages when those test suites fail but are expected to pass.  But
> blocking due to lack of documentation coverage is pushing things a bit
> beyond the bounds of reason.
Well, I guess you are aware that a perl-module without sufficiently
complete docs (pods) is almost useless.

Ralf