Perl splitting

Kelly Corbin kcorbin at theiqgroup.com
Thu May 31 21:02:09 UTC 2007

Here was the exact problem we ran into:
"It throws "Can't call method 'isa' on an unblessed reference" inside of
_is_object.  Of course, Test::* is not supposed to let fatals leak out
of its internal code.  This was addressed in the version immediately
following."

This bug must be fixed in 0.68 apparently (from the change log):
0.68  Tue Mar 13 17:27:26 PDT 2007
     Bug fixes
     * If your code has a $SIG{__DIE__} handler in some cases functions like
       use_ok(), require_ok(), can_ok() and isa_ok() could trigger that
       handler. [rt.cpan.org 23509]

but a bug introduced 0.68 was fixed in 0.70 making it the optimal version.

Thanks!

Kelly

Kelly Corbin wrote:

> I'm the sysadmin, not the developer so I don't have all the details at
> the moment (I'm waiting to hear back from him), but here's his quote to me:
> "perl-5.8.8 has an outdated Test::Builder that's accidentally allowing
> an error to propagate outside of its code -- this is triggering the
> __DIE__ handler"
>
> An updated perl-Test-Simple-0.70-1.noarch.rpm package we made with
> cpan2rpm solved the issue for us, but of course had to be installed with
> --replacefiles.
>
> I'll post as soon as I know more.
>
> Kelly
>
> Robin Norwood wrote:
>
>> Kelly Corbin <kcorbin at theiqgroup.com> writes:
>>
>> [...]
>>

>>> I wholeheartedly agree!  I recently moved development of my
>>> application from RHEL to FC and was disappointed to have to package
>>> our own perl-Test-Simple because the Test::Builder in the main perl
>>> package was still broken.  Everything else came as separate modules as
>>> needed.
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Broken how?  Do you have a bugzilla?
>>
>> Thanks,