time for perl 5.10.x in devel?

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Mon Nov 26 21:47:40 UTC 2007

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 11:18:18AM -0500, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> The circular dependencies will be fun!

Hopefully a lot of those have been resolved with the EPEL rebuild.

> First things first, lets divide up all of jpo's perl packages tomorrow
> (assuming that he doesn't come out of AWOL status in the next 24 hours),
> so that we have owners to help push this through.
>
> Here's the list of his packages (mostly perl), feel free to start
> staking claims on what you'd like:
[...]

I'll definitely take the following:

>       * perl-Authen-SASL -- SASL Authentication framework for Perl

amavisd-new dependency.

>       * perl-Cache-Cache -- Generic cache interface and implementations

perl-HTML-Mason dependency.

>       * perl-DBD-SQLite -- Self Contained RDBMS in a DBI Driver

amavisd-new and sqlgrey both use this.

>       * perl-Devel-Cycle -- Find memory cycles in objects

Indirect depencency for several things.

>       * perl-Error -- Error Perl module

perl-Cache-Cache dependency.

>       * perl-ExtUtils-CBuilder -- Compile and link C code for Perl
>         modules

perl-Module-Build dependency.

>       * perl-ExtUtils-Depends -- Easily build XS extensions that depend
>         on XS extensions

perl-Imager build dependency.

>       * perl-ExtUtils-ParseXS -- Module and a script for converting Perl
>         XS code into C code

perl-Module-Build dependency.

>       * perl-FreezeThaw -- Convert Perl structures to strings and back

Indirect perl-BerkeleyDB and perl-IO-All build dependency.

>       * perl-GSSAPI -- Perl extension providing access to the GSSAPIv2
>         library

perl-Authen-SASL dependency.

>       * perl-IO-Socket-SSL -- Perl library for transparent SSL

Indirect amavisd-new dependency (via spamassassin).

>       * perl-IO-String -- Emulate file interface for in-core strings

perl-Pipeline and perl-IO-All dependency.

>       * perl-IO-Zlib -- Perl IO:: style interface to Compress::Zlib

Indirect dependency for cpanspec and amavisd-new.

>       * perl-MLDBM -- Store multi-level hash structure in single level
>         tied hash

perl-BerkeleyDB and perl-IO-All build dependency.

>       * perl-Module-CoreList -- Perl core modules indexed by perl
>         versions

cpanspec, perl-CPANPLUS, and various others...

>       * perl-Module-ScanDeps -- Recursively scan Perl code for
>         dependencies

perl-Module-Install dependency.

>       * perl-Net-SSLeay -- Perl extension for using OpenSSL

perl-IO-Socket-SSL dependency.

>       * perl-PadWalker -- Play with other peoples' lexical variables

perl-Devel-Caller dependency.

>       * perl-Pod-Coverage -- Checks if the documentation of a module is
>         comprehensive

perl-Graphics-ColorNames dependency.

>       * perl-Pod-Escapes -- Perl module for resolving POD escape
>         sequences
>       * perl-Pod-Simple -- Framework for parsing POD documentation

cpanspec dependencies.

>       * perl-Sub-Uplevel -- Run a perl function in an upper stack frame

perl-Test-Warn dependency.

>       * perl-Test-Builder-Tester -- Test runner for Test::Builder
>         testsuites

Various build dependencies.

>       * perl-Test-Exception -- Library of test functions for exception
>         based Perl code

Various build dependencies.

>       * perl-Test-Memory-Cycle -- Check for memory leaks and circular
>         memory references

perl-HTML-Mason and perl-Spoon build dependency.

>       * perl-Test-Pod -- Perl module for checking for POD errors in
>         files
>       * perl-Test-Pod-Coverage -- Check for pod coverage in your
>         distribution

Nearly everything requires these now...

>       * perl-TeX-Hyphen -- Hyphenate words using TeX's patterns

perl-Text-Reform dependency.

Those are all of the obvious ones (and their dependencies).  In
addition...

>       * perl-Digest-MD4 -- Perl interface to the MD4 Algorithm

Paul Howarth should probably take that.  It's used by
Perl-Crypt-SmbHash.

>       * perl-Hook-LexWrap -- Lexically scoped subroutine wrappers
>       * perl-HTML-Scrubber -- Library for scrubbing/sanitizing html
>       * perl-Locale-Maketext-Fuzzy -- Maketext from already interpolated
>         strings
>       * perl-Log-Dispatch -- Dispatches messages to one or more outputs
>       * perl-Module-Versions-Report -- Report versions of all modules in
>         memory
>       * perl-Text-Template -- Expand template text with embedded Perl
>       * perl-XML-Simple -- Easy API to maintain XML in Perl

It looks like rt3 is the main user (or at least one of the big users)
of these.

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/