time for perl 5.10.x in devel?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Nov 28 13:35:34 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 02:26:38PM +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> What I wanted to find is how Fedora supports and destinguishes:
>
> a) a "principal" w/ several co-maintainers under his directions
> b) "free for a specific group with changing members"
>   e.g. free for perl-sig, free for FPG, free for "sponsors".
> c) "free for anybody" (free for any Fedora all CLA-signors)
> d) "orphaned"
>
> My understanding of what Spot wrote is: Fedora doesn't support b) and
> c). He can't avoid folding them into a).

c) is technicaly possible, it corresponds with
'group members can commit?'
selected. However, in general, having this selected doesn't mean that
the maintainer is really willing to let everybody touch the package.

> Or differently: one year ahead, nobody will remember these packages are
> open, because they can't be distinguished from the usual "closed
> circles" maintaining packages otherwise.

Right.

Maybe the solution could simply be to be able to add some comments in the
pacakgedb, telling who is really allowed to touch the package?
and select 'group members can commit?'.

--
Pat