time for perl 5.10.x in devel?

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Wed Nov 28 16:09:09 UTC 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 6:25 AM, Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 14:46 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 14:35 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > > Maybe the solution could simply be to be able to add some comments in the
> > > pacakgedb, telling who is really allowed to touch the package?
> > > and select 'group members can commit?'.
> >
> > IMO, the easiest approach would be to use "perl-sig" or similar (eg. an
> > "email alias" or a packagedb "alias" (should such thing exist)) as
> > owner ;)
>
> Which, we can't do, without dirty hacks, currently.
>
> You should talk to Toshio about this.

I'm unfamiliar with the limitations of the accounts/grouping/packagedb
system, but if we can have the accounts system enforce a requirement
that members of one group must be a subset of another group (e.g.
perl-sig group members must be members of the cla-done group), would
this satisfy the requirement that all package owners have signed
CLA's?  Can we have a group own a package?

I'm buying what Ralf is saying here: to attempt to have collective
ownership via individual ownership and extensive co-maintainers is
another variant of "dirty hacks".

Of course, I may be totally misunderstanding how the systems work
together here :)

                                           -Chris
--
Chris Weyl