YAPC::NA - Fedora - CPANTS

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Tue Jun 10 19:23:17 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 01:15:43PM +0300, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> I see you are going to give a talk about Fedora and Perl on YAPC::NA.
> http://conferences.mongueurs.net/yn2008/talk/1080
>
> You might know that I am occasionally working on CPANTS and I have
> just managed to add some information received from Debian
>
> See my explanation here:
> http://www.szabgab.com/blog/2008/06/1212827982.html
>
> They provide a file that contains the list of all the CPAN distros
> repackaged by Debian with some extra info.
> The information they provide is
>
> - Name of the debian package
> - Name of the CPAN distribution
> - Version number of the CPAN distribution
> - Number of bugs reported in Debian
> - Number of patches applied in Debian
>
> It would be great if during YAPC or even before that
> we could work out some way to get similar information
> from Fedora so I can integrate it into CPANTS.

I'd be happy to talk with you at YAPC.  I'm driving up on Sunday
morning/afternoon (it's a 5-hour drive or so for me), so any time after
that would be fine.

Maybe a packaging BoF or something would be useful?

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/