perl status?

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Mar 5 16:00:24 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 16:49 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Spot,
>
> could you provide us with an update on your upgrading perl effort?
>
> What is the status quo, when will the new perl land in rawhide?

It will land as soon as I finish this set of rebuilds.

I've got about 150 to build in my set of "dependent perl packages". Once
those are done, I can build the remaining 260 packages at the same time.

My drop dead date is Sunday, March 9, but I really hope to be done by
Friday.

Just a reminder: Please hold off on rebuilding any perl dependent
package until I'm done. This is especially true if you see my "rebuild
for new perl" commit in the spec file. I'll send an email when the merge
happens.

~spot