perl status?

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Wed Mar 5 18:43:48 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 8:00 AM, Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 16:49 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > Spot,
> >
> > could you provide us with an update on your upgrading perl effort?
> >
> > What is the status quo, when will the new perl land in rawhide?
>
> It will land as soon as I finish this set of rebuilds.
>
> I've got about 150 to build in my set of "dependent perl packages". Once
> those are done, I can build the remaining 260 packages at the same time.
>
> My drop dead date is Sunday, March 9, but I really hope to be done by
> Friday.

Awesome :)  I know my fedora-time has been, ah, less than I'd like to see it
be lately, but if there's anything I can do to help out with this (in
addition to staying out of the way, of course)...  :)

Just a reminder: Please hold off on rebuilding any perl dependent
> package until I'm done. This is especially true if you see my "rebuild
> for new perl" commit in the spec file. I'll send an email when the merge
> happens.

No problem.  Thanks for doing this! :)

                                    -Chris

--